Over the age of 40 and witnessing consistent promotion of younger employees? If you have more education, skills, tenure, and experience than the younger co-workers being promoted over you this could be considered age discrimination in Wisconsin.
Contact our experienced Age Discrimination attorneys today to determine whether you may be experiencing age discrimination in the workplace.
What is Age Discrimination?
Age discrimination occurs when an applicant or an employee is discriminated against or treated unfavorably because of his or her age. “Discrimination” includes hiring, firing, promotions, job assignments, layoffs, training, fringe benefits, pay, and any other term or condition of employment.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act (WFEA) protect employees who are over the age of 40 against unlawful discrimination. Laws prohibiting age discrimination were enacted to promote the employment of older workers based on their ability and job performance rather than their age, and to limit unjust age limits and age discrimination in the workplace.
What is Not Age Discrimination?
- If you under the age of 40
- If your employer favors an older employee over a younger one, even if both employees are over the age of 40
- If you are over the age of 40 but unable to perform your job duties
- If your employer varies your insurance coverage according to your age
- If your employer exercises an age distinction in hiring if knowledge and expertise to be gained is required for future advancement to a managerial or executive position
- If you will be exposed to a physical danger or hazard
Being harassed based on your age? Being harassed at work because of your age is illegal too. Do not suffer in a hostile or offensive work environment due to age harassment.
The Walcheske & Luzi, LLC Difference
At Walcheske & Luzi, LLC it is our pledge to provide open and honest advice, taking the time to listen, counsel, and advise. We will work closely with you to determine if you are the victim of age discrimination. Tell us about your age discrimination case, we’re ready to help.
Check out our testimonials section, where former clients have described their past experiences with us.