This Wisconsin statute allows current and former employees to access and inspect their personnel records. Requests are limited to 2 per year, and employers may require a written request. Employers have 7 business days in which to honor a request, and may charge reasonable copying costs.
An employee does not have a right to access or inspect the following records:
- Ones involving a criminal investigation of the employee
- Letters of reference concerning the employee
- Test documentation (beyond simply a test score itself)
- Management planning documents
- Confidential information of other employees
- Documents relating to any other pending claim between employee and employer that are discoverable